The program seeks outstanding high school seniors who demonstrate evidence of experience, motivation, and commitment toward the ideals of the Levine Scholars Program. Requirements include:
- Students must be applicants for first-year enrollment at UNC Charlotte in a baccalaureate program for the fall term immediately following their high school graduation. Students must be admitted to UNC Charlotte to receive a Levine Scholarship.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Students must demonstrate a commitment to community service, hold an academic record that reflects a sustained passion for knowledge, and possess a capacity for ethical leadership that elevates fellow students to a higher standard.
- While there is no minimum SAT, ACT, or grade point average to apply for the Levine Scholarship, students must excel academically. While there are no minimum academic requirements to apply for the Levine Scholarship, students must excel in their intellectual pursuits and show evidence of experience, motivation, and commitment to the ideals of the program.
- For 2024 freshmen applicants, submitting the SAT or ACT is optional.
- Test scores, if submitted, will not be the primary reason for our decision; they are considered in context and as supplemental information.
The average and middle-50 percent ranges for our 2023 finalists are below.
Mid-50 (two-part): 1400-1490
Average (two-part): 1430
Average (weighted): 4.31
Average (unweighted): 3.99